Friday, March 4, 2011

Outdoor portraits

One of the first things I think when I find myself somewhere scenic is, this would be a great place to take some portraits! I love using the natural light and shade, using a beautiful snow covered park as inspiration for some Winter photography!

The afternoon light is my absolute favorite time of the day to take photos in general, but even moreso with portraits. Something about how the golden rays kiss the skin and make even a frigid Winter day seem warm.

I found this uprooted tree while exploring a walking path at a nearby lake and immediately wanted to take some fun portraits there! Writing down my favorite location ideas really helps me.
The green grass makes a bright pink dress really stand out!
But pulling back for a wider shot shows the beautiful lake in the background. I like using a prop like balloons to bring your attention right to the model!

And your local park can make for some really beautiful photos with small children...


There's nothing better on a crisp Fall day than taking portraits of great kids while going for a walk around the pond.
I encourage you to seek out those little New England gems for your next portraits!

Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. As usual, your eye is amazing!!! I love these, and the families should be very proud to call these portraits theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I have such a great time taking portraits and capturing a moment in their life knowing that my photographs are being treasured and shared by the families for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww Karoline these are amazing you should def. add some of the photos you took while you had Lilleigh at crystal lake those were some of my favs and not just because my daughter was a part of it lol they truely were amazing and love love love the pic of my cam at the end again not just because my son is in it you are truely gifted I tell you this time and time again and this is going to take you places I just know it its not just talent to you its part of you and you see it in every photo you take..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your encouragement and kind words! I have so many outdoor portraits that I absolutely love and didn't put in here, I may have to do another blog about it!

    ReplyDelete