Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Loki Clan wolf dog refuge

Today, I'm taking you to one of my most favorite places. The Loki Clan wolf dog refuge!! It's located on the border of Nh and Maine, with half of it's property located in Maine, the other half in New Hampshire.

They have rescued or taken in about 90 wolves and wolf dogs, in about 25 seperate packs. I absolutely adore these amazing animals. And I love knowing that this place exists. If it did not, these beautiful creatures would be put to sleep.
Sitting in the sun, showing me a handsome profile... Some of these wolves can stand over nine feet tall when on their hind legs! You have no idea how large and powerful they are until you see them up close and personal.
One of the smaller wolf dogs comes over for a belly scratch from one of the caretakers here at Loki.
I love the intensity in their eyes, and the way the ones with more wolf than dog in their geneology seemed to look like someone took a rake to their coat.
The refuge runs on donations entirely. So I try to visit at least once a year and leave a nice donation for allowing me to spend some time photographing these gorgeous wolves.
I hope that you'll make an effort to visit and donate to this wonderful rescue organization. Your photo opportunity helps to save these animals for your children and grandchildren to see.
Could you look into their eyes and tell them that they're not worth saving? I know I can't....

No comments:

Post a Comment