Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm ready for my closeup Mr. Demille

Today I'd like to talk to you about closeups. I'm not lucky enough to have a macro lens yet, but with proper lighting I've found I can get some really crisp closeups! I love taking closeup shots because they force you to look at all of the details that you normally wouldn't notice.
The dimples on a strawberry look like craters when you take a closer look!

The texture of my son's gecko, Rex Luthor takes on a snake like appearance when you look closely.

A Kennedy half dollar's date and mint mark with a commemorative date stamped into it. Interesting!
A closeup of a simple daisy with some morning dew that makes you notice the color variations on the petals. You know that saying, stop and smell the roses? Well, stop and photograph the roses is more my motto!
Butterflies make excellent practice subjects. I'm lucky enough that I have a butterfly sanctuary fairly close by. I visit every year to see what new species they've got, and to practice on my quickly moving subjects. Butterflies are almost as quick as children! Speaking of children... a beautiful closeup of a child's face is one of my most favorite things to photograph!

So I'll leave you with one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen, my friend Amy's son Cameron!

No comments:

Post a Comment