Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fall foliage in New England

Let's take a look back at some Fall foliage here in New England. We are offered such amazing colors each Autumn here in New England. And like most leaf peepers I love to capture them. Not just with scenic landscapes but also closeups of individual leaves.
Let's take a walk through my local cemetery... Something about the silence and taking a walk around the old headstones feels calming. I love the way the headstones dull grey color makes the bright leaves look that much more bright.
I love the statuary, and using a bright tree as a backdrop when I capture a statue.
I love the crunching of the leaves beneath my feet, or just sitting beneath one of the giant maples and watching the leaves slowly flutter down with each gentle breeze.
Even something simple like the steps of a mausoleum littered with crisp leaves is a thing of beauty. This shot reminded me of the layers of a cake.
There's just something about Fall that makes everything look more beautiful.
Even the landscaped cemetary grounds look like a fairy tale movie locale. The greens look greener next to the oranges and yellows the Sugar maple trees display.

Don't forget to look down!! Some of my favorite photos were captured by taking a moment to look all around and take in the moment.

I hope I've encouraged you to not over look your local cemetary next Fall... I'll share more foliage photos with you all another time, trust me I've got a TON of them to show you! Covered bridges and lakes and memorials, oh my!

2 comments:

  1. Such amazing photos, always :)

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Miss Leah! So glad I can share New England with you 3,000 miles away!

    ReplyDelete